6 reasons to get garage door spring replacement
Garage door spring replacement is essential for maintaining the proper functioning and safety of your garage door system. Complete Overhead Door provides garage door spring replacement services in Garland, Fort Worth, Plano, Rowlett and surrounding areas.
These are six reasons why you might need to consider replacing your garage door springs:
- Wear and Tear: Over time, garage door springs can experience wear and tear due to frequent use. The constant tension and release cycles can cause the springs to weaken and eventually fail. Regular inspections can help identify signs of wear, such as visible damage or gaps in the coils.
- Age of Springs: Garage door springs have a limited lifespan, typically measured in cycles (one cycle is a full opening and closing of the door). Depending on the type of springs installed, they may have a lifespan ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 cycles. If your springs are reaching the end of their expected lifespan, replacement is advisable to prevent sudden failure.
- Unbalanced Door: If one of the springs breaks or loses tension, it can result in an unbalanced garage door. An unbalanced door puts additional strain on the remaining spring and other components, leading to accelerated wear and potential malfunctions. Replacing both springs at the same time ensures even wear and balanced operation.
- Loud or Unusual Noises: Grinding, creaking, or popping sounds during the operation of your garage door may indicate a problem with the springs. Noises could be a sign of rust, misalignment, or a worn-out spring. Replacing the springs can restore smooth and quiet door operation.
- Visible Damage: Inspect your garage door springs regularly for any visible signs of damage, such as cracks, gaps, or distortion. Damaged springs are a safety hazard and should be replaced promptly to prevent accidents or further damage to the garage door system.
- Difficulty in Opening or Closing: If you notice that your garage door is struggling to open or close, it could be a sign of spring issues. Weak or damaged springs may not provide the necessary tension to lift the door, leading to operational difficulties. Replacement can restore the door’s proper functionality.
It’s crucial to prioritize safety when dealing with garage door springs. Due to the high tension involved, it’s recommended to hire a professional technician to handle the replacement, as attempting to replace springs without the necessary expertise can be dangerous. Regular maintenance and prompt replacement of worn-out or damaged springs can help ensure the longevity and safety of your garage door system. Kindly call us without hesitation.