Garage Door Buying Guide for Rowlett, Dallas, Fort Worth, Allen, Plano, McKinney, TX, and the Surrounding Areas
How To Find Your Style & Fit Your Budget
When buying a new garage door, consulting a garage door buying guide will ensure you get the right product for your home. Garage door types, materials, and styles give a wide range of options for your home. This garage door/garage door opener buying guide from Complete Overhead Door, Inc. will help you find the right one for your needs!
As a Texas homeowner, you may need to replace your garage door if:
- You have an outdated garage door and want to upgrade your home with a new look.
- Your garage door breaks or needs constant repairs.
- Your garage door causes damage to your home or car.
- Your garage door doesn’t open or close properly.
- Your garage door doesn’t seal out the weather.
- You want to increase the safety of your home by adding extra security features like a keypad or remote control.
How To Choose Your Replacement Residential Garage Door
Ask Yourself These 4 Important Questions
Be sure to ask yourself these questions before you shop for a new door:
- How much do I want to spend?
- Is it worth spending more on a top-of-the-line model?
- Do I want the door material to match my home’s exterior?
- What size and type of garage door do I need?
Traditional, Carriage, and Modern Garage Doors – Which Style is Right for You?
Choosing a garage door style concerns more than just aesthetics. It also means finding the right fit for your home and lifestyle. Some popular types in this garage door buying guide include:
- Traditional Garage Doors: Traditional garage doors work great for maintaining the look of a home. Choose from wood doors, steel garage doors, and other styles.
- Carriage Garage Doors: You can fit these doors with different garage door openers, including remote control, chain drive, and screw drive garage door opener systems.
- Modern Garage Doors: Modern garage doors consist of materials such as fiberglass. They make a great option for letting in natural light and creating a spacious, open feel.
Consider an insulated garage door for enhanced energy efficiency when consulting a garage door buying guide.
Calculating Your Replacement Garage Door Size
The size of your garage door will depend on the following:
- The height and width of your garage
- The amount of space you want to leave between the garage door and the wall
- The length of your garage door opener
Contact our expert garage door installers for a free consultation in Rowlett, Dallas, Fort Worth, Allen, Plano, McKinney, TX, and the surrounding areas.