5 things to know about garage door opener
Here are five essential things to know about garage door openers.
- Types of Garage Door Openers: There are three main types of garage door openers: chain-drive, belt-drive, and screw-drive. Complete Overhead Door can help you with garage door opener if you are looking for the same in Plano, Fort Worth, Dallas, Allen, TX, Carrollton, TX, McKinney and surrounding regions. Chain-drive openers are the most common and use a chain to pull or push the door along a track. Belt-drive openers operate similarly but use a rubber belt, which makes them quieter than chain-drive models. Screw-drive openers use a threaded steel rod to move the door and are also relatively quiet compared to chain-drive openers.
- Safety Features: Modern garage door openers come with various safety features to protect people and property. One crucial safety feature is the automatic reversal mechanism. If the door encounters an obstacle while closing, it should reverse direction to prevent accidents. Additionally, newer models have rolling code technology that changes the access code each time the remote is used, reducing the risk of unauthorized entry.
- Power and Speed: Garage door openers are available in different horsepower ratings, typically ranging from ½ HP to 1 ½ HP. The power required depends on the size and weight of your garage door. Heavier doors may need more horsepower for efficient operation. Speed is also a consideration; some models offer faster opening and closing times, which can be convenient if you use your garage frequently.
- Remote Control and Smart Features: Most garage door openers come with remote controls, allowing you to open and close the door from inside your car or outside the garage. Additionally, many modern models offer smart features, such as smartphone integration, which allows you to control the garage door remotely through a mobile app. Some smart garage door openers can also be integrated with virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Maintenance and Installation: Proper maintenance is essential to keep your garage door opener functioning smoothly and safely. Regularly check and lubricate moving parts, such as chains, belts, and rollers. It’s also essential to inspect safety sensors to ensure they are clean and aligned properly. When it comes to installation, it’s often recommended to hire a professional to ensure that the opener is set up correctly and adheres to safety guidelines.
By understanding these five key aspects, you’ll be better equipped to select the right garage door opener for your needs and maintain its performance over time. Please call us without any hesitation.